Ryder Reid are working on an exclusive basis with one of the world's top law firms to recruit a new Office Manager for their London office.
The Office Manager will manage the day-to-day administrative and operational functions of the office, including all HR-related issues. You will report to the Co-Managing Partners and work closely with all US Head Office departments to achieve firm-wide objectives, whilst supporting the firm's philosophy and culture within a local context.
Key responsibilities for the Office Manager will include:
- Manage all support staff functions reception, legal assistants, secretaries, accounting, billing, collections, marketing, events.
- Manage vendor relationships: contracts, purchasing.
- Organise and participate in monthly Partner meetings (agenda, follow up, implementation).
- Update and implement policies, practices and procedures to reflect current and local legislation and the firm's requirements.
- Work with the London Partners to ensure effective communication of key messages across all departments.
- Organising Summer and Christmas staff events.
- Dealing with all building and space related issues.
- Liaise with Law Society regarding SRA renewals and audits.
- Support the Partners and external employment lawyers to identify, manage and resolve all HR issues.
- Develop and implement UK HR policies and procedures to ensure the firm's compliance with current legislation.
- Oversee the recruitment & HR processes for legal and support staff, including: agency negotiations, interviews, contracts, compensation, induction, appraisals, disciplinary issues, termination and assisted departures.
- Manage personnel files.
- Active role in managing positive moral and resolving issues promptly and efficiently.
- Monitoring staffing levels to ensure productivity and continuous availability of the appropriate resources.
- Coordinate the billing process: new matter set-up (KYC requirements, currency, retainer and conditional fee agreements), pre-bill review, resolving issues, tracking payments, direct correspondence with clients regarding bills and charge out rates.
The ideal candidate will have previous relevant experience from a law firm or professional services firm. You will be able to work effectively in a very busy and fast-paced environment, manage multiple projects and be a problem-solver. You will enjoy a role with lots of variety, and you must be able to manage strong characters and approach all tasks with energy. You will have a strong work ethic, excellent communication skills, and be able to build effective relationships with people of all levels.