Our international law firm client is seeking an Office Manager to join them on a permanent basis for their London office. The Office Manager will be responsible for day-to-day operational and administrative tasks while also ensuring the office is appropriately organised as a high-quality working environment for all.
Key responsibilities for the Office Manager will include:
- Act as the primary contact for, and have primary responsibility for, ensuring all operational services within the London office are being managed and provided appropriately, working closely with the central business services teams which have overall responsibility for the operational management of the firm across all offices. The role holder will also be expected to assist with ad hoc issues and projects that arise.
- Responsibility for overseeing all aspects of facilities management including confidential waste, office cleaning and building maintenance services, office furniture repairs/replacements, fire safety, and security access control.
- Coordinating and managing internal and external office moves and re-configurations, working alongside the Partners and Senior Staff with regard to all aspects of space planning and office fit-out activities, including overseeing fit-out works, liaising with building management and all contractors involved in build/fit-out works.
- The role holder will work alongside the central HR team with new joiner and leaver processes and may be required to provide support in relation to handling confidential employee relations issues, such as performance, attendance, sickness, behaviour and internal grievances of the PA team.
- Act as a liaison/point of contact for the global finance team, ensuring financial processes, information and tasks relating to fee earner activities are completed effectively (including billing, time recording, reviewing and chasing unpaid bills). This role should also ensure local expenses and invoices are managed effectively.
- Assisting the Senior Staff with ad hoc operational project support as and when the need arises, for example: testing and implementing new internal processes, technology and software.
- Providing support to fee earners in relation to risk and compliance processes e.g., engagement letters and internal file-opening procedures.
- Responsibility for the management of Front of House. Ensuring that Front of House services provided by the PA team, such as management of the meeting rooms and reception, are efficient, effective and consistent with the high standards of the firm. Responsibility for coordinating and managing client events hosted in the office.
- Responsibility for the procurement and management of local suppliers including building and facilities contracts, office supplies, taxis, couriers, printing, catering, travel agency and any Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) / Legal Process Outsourcing (LPO), invoice approvals and payment processing.
- Health & Safety - acting as Health & Safety Officer for the London office, managing DSE workstation assessments, conducting regular risk assessments and ensuring compliance with relevant workplace legislative health & safety regulations, acting as Fire Marshall and ensuring necessary evacuation procedures are in place.
The ideal candidate will have substantial office management experience in a law firm environment, and strong operational, leadership, organisational, technical and interpersonal skills. You will be an excellent communicator and able to prioritise within a very busy environment. The ability to build strong and effective relationships at all levels is crucial, as is the ability to work in a flat organisation where decisions are made on a consensus approach and indirect influence skills are of paramount importance.