Our client, a boutique law firm, is looking to recruit an Office Manager for the London office to cover a maternity contract, starting in March 2020. Reporting into the Managing Partner, the Office Manager will assist with the day-to-day office management, acting as a point of contact for the lawyers, staff and department directors based in the US. The Office Manager will be responsible for the overall front office activities, including the reception area, mail and facilities, as well as directing and coordinating office support services.
Key responsibilities for the Office Manager will include:
- Supporting the office's goals for high quality service to internal and external clients
- Assisting with the recruitment of skilled support staff
- Managing the administrative staff and promoting an environment conducive to positive employee relations, good morale, and strong performance
- Serve as a liaison with the Managing Partner and as primary resource for information and problem solving
- Processing payroll and assisting with the London compensation program in consultation with the US head office
- Arranging office social events
- Administering starters and leavers processes, including benefits enrolment and removal
- Updating and maintaining health and safety records
- Managing and overseeing office accounting, including payables and receivables
- Managing local office vendor relationships
The ideal candidate for this Office Manager position will have relevant experience within a Legal or Professional Services firm. The ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and prioritise multiple tasks is essential, as is good judgment, discretion and the ability to maintain confidentiality. You must be able to communicate effectively with lawyers, outside vendors, and administrative and support staff, as well as having strong computer literacy. Experience of payroll administration is preferred. If you meet the above criteria, then please contact Ryder Reid Legal today.