Our client, an international law firm are seeking a Paralegal to work and support their MIPTOC (Media, Intellectual Property, Technology, Outsourcing and Commercial) Group in London.
The work will be a mixture of noncontentious commercial matters, data protection, as well as IT, IP, media and commercial litigation. This is a great opportunity to gain exposure to varied and interesting work and good personal development opportunities. Your day to day duties will include but will not be limited to:
- Assisting with the conduct of litigation/arbitration/mediation and involvement in key stages, for example, preaction, pleadings, disclosure, witness statements and settlement negotiations.
- Assisting and, where appropriate, leading document review tasks including pre-action investigations, disclosure and data subject access requests. Liaising with the firm's eDiscovery and Client Data team in respect of these.
- Completing high-level commercial contract reviews for a broad range of well-known Technology and Retail clients to assist senior lawyers with drafting and strategy advice.
- Attending client meetings/calls/conferences, occasionally with Counsel/experts. Also preparing for and attending occasional Court hearings. Taking minutes and preparing detailed file notes.
- Assisting lawyers on a broad range of data protection matters, including reviewing and drafting client policies.
- Legal research on discrete points for ongoing matters including using legal databases and other resources to obtain and review case law and articles.
- Client-facing research into upcoming regulatory / policy changes in the advertising sector (both international and UK).
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, candidates must have either a Law degree or GDL with good knowledge and confident use of Microsoft office (including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook).
If you are interested and meet the above criteria, please send your CV in today for consideration.