Do you have legal accounts/billing experience and are looking for a part-time position?
Our US law firm client is recruiting for an Account, Revenue & Billing Coordinator to work three days a week (21 hours). You will be responsible for managing VAT and SAR compliance for the London office as well as all AP related functions. This role works closely with the Revenue Controller/Accounts Coordinator and it is envisaged that there will be comprehensive cross over ensuring that each is exposed to all aspects of the other role and that there is the ability to cover absences and assist during busy periods and projects. This person will work closely with the Revenue Controller/Accounts Coordinator on the production and finalisation of invoices for the London, Hong Kong and Shanghai offices. In addition, this role will support the Director, International Operations with other finance related tasks including but not limited to annual audits, PSA data collation and corporate credit card reconciliations.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Ensure compliance with regulatory legislation including VAT, Solicitor's Accounts Rules and Money Laundering regulations
- Regular review and management of internal procedures and controls and regulatory compliance
- Assist in management of UK / international matter set up
- Assist with annual audit preparations
- Generation of weekly bank reconciliations
- Processing vendor invoices and setting up payment runs
- Processing of client receipts in accordance with SAR's
- Manage collections for the London office
- Assist on intercompany billing, working with US colleagues
- Assisting with billing process from matter set up to proforma then drafting to amending and billing in various currencies
- Assist with monitoring and manage aging of client's unbilled fees, costs and A/R for London, Hong Kong and Shanghai partners
- Production of financial and statistical information for the Director of International Operations and Office Managing Partner
- Any other related duties as assigned by the Director, International Operations or Billing Manager from time to time.
The ideal candidate will have strong technical knowledge of VAT regulations and of Solicitors Accounts Rules and previous experience of working in a legal or professional services environment including exposure to billing, VAT and general accounts. You will have knowledge and understanding of billing in a foreign currency and associated issues; knowledge of Elite - including report writing; and be excellent at building relationships. First class communications skills and attention to detail are a must, along with the ability to manage and prioritise your own workload in order to meet deadlines. Knowledge of Elite is required.