Brilliant new opportunity for an experienced Risk & Compliance Lawyer/Manager to join the London office of a successful US law firm. Under the direction of the General Counsel (based in New York) and Partners of the London office, the Risk & Compliance Lawyer/Manager will be responsible for providing a comprehensive risk management and compliance service to the London office. You will work closely with the COLP, COFA, MLRO, DPO, GC and NY-based compliance team to deliver on the following responsibilities. This is a part-time role, working 3 days a week.
Responsibilities will include:
- Proactively identifying legal and regulatory risk and compliance issues, recommending and implementing solutions to mitigate risk, and monitoring ongoing compliance.
- Providing input into business and strategic decisions from a regulatory compliance perspective.
- Advising on technical regulatory compliance issues.
- Keeping abreast of changes in regulatory and compliance requirements and considering the impact of any such changes to the firm's policy and procedures.
- Maintaining the firm's risk and incident registers (covering regulatory risks).
- Managing and handling regulatory complaints made about the firm or individual attorneys within the firm.
- Conducting regular reviews of the firm's regulatory compliance policies and procedures.
- Managing and implementing appropriate training programmes for, and effective communication to, all personnel to ensure compliance with all relevant regulatory and legislative requirements.
- Assisting in developing, initiating, maintaining and revising policies and procedures within the Compliance section of the intranet.
- Being the main operational contact for all regulatory compliance matters specific to the London office, including first line support for issues concerning potential breaches of policy or suspicions of compliance risk (such as suspected money laundering).
- Keeping updated with SRA changes and LLP requirements, working with other administrative managers to ensure appropriate policies and procedures are implemented.
- In conjunction with the COLP, liaising with the SRA on regulatory issues.
The ideal candidate for this Risk & Compliance Lawyer/Manager role will ideally be legally qualified. You need to have good knowledge of the Data Protection legislation and General Data Protection Regulations and practical experience in privacy. You must have advanced technical knowledge of regulatory risk and compliance in the legal sector, in particular of the Anti-Money Laundering Regulations, the Bribery Act 2010 and the SRA's regulatory framework and associated rules and regulations. Experience of US conflict rules is desirable. Experience liaising with attorneys in relation to compliance issues arising on matters, working with the COLP, COFA and MLROs as required. You should also have experience conducting annual reviews and updates of Compliance Plan, Risk Management Manuals, AML Manual and all risk-related policies. You must be highly organised, have strong attention to detail and excellent communication skills. If you meet the above criteria, then please contact Ryder Reid Legal for immediate consideration.