Our client, a US law firm based in stunning offices, currently has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Payroll Accountant (Global Operations) to join their growing team on a permanent basis. Reporting to the Associate Director Global Payroll, based in the US, the Payroll Accountant will be responsible for the administration of payroll accounting and payroll tax administration (i.e., global payroll operations) for London, Paris, Geneva & Frankfurt, as well as assisting the accounting team in month-end close and reconciliations.
Key responsibilities include:
- General Ledger SME interfacing with Finance and accounting for reconciliation.
- Payroll Audit lead including Monthly Payroll Processing Audits, Month-end and net pay results reporting, Tax reporting, Bank Reconciliation, International and Domestic pay code auditing).
- Primary processor for some global locations (e.g., London, Paris, Frankfurt, Geneva) ADP/Celergo for salaried and hourly employees.
- Promptly address any issues and employee inquiries related to payroll and payroll taxes.
- Support the accounting team with month-end close process by reconciling assigned general ledger accounts, investigating discrepancies, and generating payroll, tax, and other ad-hoc reports.
- Assist external auditors in quarterly reviews and annual audit.
- Formally document policies and procedures and continually improve assigned processes.
- Assists with tax and benefits audit and payroll and benefit service providers (including reviewing vendor invoices).
- Ensure that payroll reports are accurate and timely filed with appropriate governmental authorities.
- Responsible for ad-hoc and routine reporting and analytical support for global HR. Develop, maintain, and support a variety of reports or queries utilizing appropriate reporting tools. (i.e., Cognos reporting experience is preferred). Develops techniques for compiling, preparing, and presenting data.
- Develops a working knowledge of all HR related computer systems to share knowledge, support team members and reinforce our operations.
- Train staff where appropriate.
- Develop user procedures, guidelines, and documentation.
- Provide routing and ad-hoc analytical compensation support to Chief Human Resources Officer, Director of Operations-Europe, HR Leadership, Associate Director HR Operations and HR Managers as needed.
- Ability to use and update excel & financial systems.
- Other projects and duties as required, including support for Benefits analytics etc. as may arise.
The ideal candidate is self-driven, analytical and has a strong understanding of the payroll accounting and payroll tax administration of payroll operations. Prior experience in Workday, or a similar system, is preferred as well as a Professional Payroll Certification (CPP) or accounting background is also preferred. The ideal candidate should have solid relevant experience in accounting and payroll processing, including global payroll and hourly and salaried experience. You should have experience of working in an international environment and be able to work autonomously and with minimal supervision. To be considered for this Payroll Accountant (Global Operations) role, please contact Ryder Reid today.