Our well-known American multinational law firm client has an exciting opportunity for a Payroll and Reporting Specialist to join their London office on a full-time permanent basis. This position will ensure accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and changes. You will also prepare and maintain accurate records and reports of payroll transactions and ensure compliance with HMRC and best practices. The role will be the go-to person for HR reporting in Payroll and the firm's Workday database, providing regular reports and ad-hoc reports.
Key duties will include:
- Ensure all Monthly payroll changes are integrated into the firm's ADP Freedom system for London payroll and the US ex-pat payroll.
- Calculating new joiner, leaver, Family leave and absences for payroll purposes
- Primary point of contact for all employee payroll queries
- Year-end processing.
- Primary point of contact for our outside payroll provider ADP, escalating any service issues and queries
- Assist with employee payroll and tax queries, liaising with HMRC where appropriate.
- Coordinate month end payroll approval with HR Manager and Senior HR Generalist
- Produce various monthly payroll reports ensuring accurate reconciliations and handle any queries.
- Ensure that payroll systems, reports and process are fully compliant in line with any legislation changes.
- Responsible for auto enrolment eligibility checks and processing
- Managing firms HMRC gateway access and notifications.
- Go-to person for all HR reports including headcount, diversity, turnover, payroll, pension and all other ad-hoc reporting.
- Annual gender pay gap analysis
- Maintaining firm's benefits membership information including compiling and updating benefit spreadsheets and processing benefit invoices.
- Updating the Firm's intranet with HR links, updates, information
- Attorney and Professional Staff holiday calculations and reporting
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Experience of Workday system including report writing and payroll.
- Experience of ADP Freedom preferable.
- Experience of calculating and processing statutory payments
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Knowledge of HMRC legislation including RTI, auto enrolment, P11D submissions
- Demonstrates high level analytical skills
- Ability to build strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Works well under pressure and uses sound judgment.
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of 3 years relevant experience in a professional service environment, (law firm experience desirable). You will be CIPP qualified or in the process of working towards this qualification and demonstrate effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
If you meet the above criteria, then please contact Ryder Reid Legal today for a confidential discussion.