Our client, one of the world's most successful law firms, is seeking to recruit a Pitch Specialist to join their London office. The Pitch Specialist will work with the team and partners in pursuit of new business opportunities with existing and potential clients across their London, Paris and Brussels offices. You will add value at each stage of the process, from opportunity evaluation and intelligence gathering to pitch execution and follow up.
The Pitch Specialist will work in collaboration with the existing pitch specialist and BD Director to co-ordinate the timely delivery of high-quality pitches, as well as communicating and collaborating regularly with the 135 + broader BD, marketing and communications team throughout the Firm.
Key responsibilities for the Pitch Specialist will include:
- Take complete ownership of pitch opportunities, championing best practice and working with existing pitch specialist to ensure all opportunities are correctly managed.
- Work directly with partners to create bespoke materials and unique and persuasive content, ensuring appropriate engagement of key stakeholders across the London, Paris and Brussels offices.
- Leverage intelligence gathered from databases (Mergermarket, Preqin, Debtwire) coupled with a thorough understanding of the Firm's business to prepare thoughtful materials.
- Work with the junior members of the team to develop their skills in relation to pitching (with no line management responsibilities).
- Provide ad-hoc support on other BD practice activities as and when required.
- Juggle tight deadlines and manage expectations; evaluate projects and prioritize effectively.
- Track results in internal databases, sharing outcomes with the teams.
The ideal candidate will have solid prior experience working in a pitching role at either a law or accountancy firm. You will have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships among lawyers and staff to achieve desired results. You will be a highly organised self-starter with good judgement and a real passion for pitching. You will be expected to stay abreast of current trends and use your insights to shape effective messaging and materials. You will have proven ability to organise and manage a diverse range of projects, prioritising multiple tasks with competing deadlines (at times in high-pressure situations), and have exceptional attention to detail.