Are you a strategic, energetic and highly motivated PR professional? Can you spot press opportunities, create new angles, sell in ideas and secure coverage across a variety of media? Do you have excellent stakeholder management and writing skills? If so, you may have found the perfect opportunity to take your career to the next stage as part of a global law firm that aims to lead the market in the sectors that power the world's economy: technology, media and communications, life sciences and healthcare, real estate, and private wealth.
The PR Executive is an important member of our UK-based communications team, responsible for supporting on the promotion of our core sectors, specialist areas and client work across target media, and raising the profiles of our subject-matter experts. The PR Executive will also support colleagues on key industry awards, execute our PR strategies, and ensuring our press office operates effectively and efficiently.
- Support on strategic execution of media plans for core sectors and practices; working to raise and improve profile, and achieve strategic goals
- Account managing PR for certain core practices directly; supporting the PR team with securing profile opportunities in our core sectors
- Provides input to PR strategies for relevant firmwide campaigns
- Building understanding of the activities of, and relationships with, key legal practitioners; proactively identify angles and opportunities to showcase their expertise; gain buy in for proposed approaches
- Engaging journalists to pitch angles and proposals; preparing colleagues with advice and information to support them in engaging with the press; safeguarding them through the process and feeding back afterwards
- Preparing, editing and distributing press announcements to promote the firm's successes in a timely way; adapting content appropriately for our digital and internal channels
- Co-ordinating the team's daily news monitoring, media agenda and forward features to identify opportunities for our lawyers to engage on topics of current interest, and in 'white space' areas where no one is currently commenting
- Support the Senior Communications Manager in the planning and development of the firm's annual press flagship events
- Being a point of contact for press enquiries relating to client matters and relationships
- Supporting the PR Manager in developing core PR opportunities and expanding connections with target journalists and publications; responding to queries promptly and quality assuring output
- Co-ordinating and implementing improvements to existing resources and processes
- Supporting the PR Manager where appropriate with sector and practice communications initiatives and communications requirements, and the preparation of submissions for target awards and accolades
- Working collaboratively with colleagues in specialist teams, developing experience and knowledge of tech innovations, business development, digital marketing, social media and corporate communications
- Being an ambassador for the communications team and building effective working relationships with colleagues at all levels and in all areas of the business; promoting best practice and gaining respect and notability as a subject matter expert