Our prestigious global law firm client is seeking a PR Executive to join their London office on a permanent basis.
The main purpose of this role, in conjunction with the Senior Corporate Communications & PR Manager, is to devise, implement and monitor external communications campaigns in London, and raise the profile of the firm and its key practice areas in the national (broadcast and online), trade and legal media.
The person in this role will work closely with lawyers across various practices and will be required to develop and nurture close relationships with reporters. The person in this role must have first-class oral and written communication skills and the ability to plan, design and manage social content across firm's platforms.
The PR Executive also provides assistance on internal communications matters, as required, and works collaboratively with other members of global PR team and wider BD team to deliver effective PR/media relations outcomes.
|This position would suit someone who thrives in an intellectually stimulating and demanding environment. Main activities and responsibilities:|
- Read the daily newspapers, online sources and social media to identify comment opportunities for the firm's lawyers;
- Work effectively with partners and other fee-earners to identify timely comment and article opportunities in the legal, trade and national press;
- Pitch comment, story and article ideas to journalists based on technical briefings from partners and other fee earners;
- Cultivate both existing and new relationships with target media;
- Organise media-related meetings, including operational/strategic meetings, journalist briefings and relationship development catch-ups with the press;
- Build and maintain accurate target media lists;
The idea candidate will have previous relevant experience working in-house or at an agency; a proven track record in generating proactive media coverage across a range of different subjects and media and the use of social media tools and platforms.
If this opportunity is well suited to your experience and you would like to be considered for this opportunity please get in touch with Ryder Reid Legal today!