Our American multinational law firm client has an exciting opportunity for a Professional Development Coordinator to join their London office on a full-time permanent basis. Working closely with the Director of Professional Development - Europe and team members, lawyers and other staff across the firm, you will guide and support learning and professional development initiatives for lawyers in the European offices.
Key duties will include:
- Assist in the coordination of lawyer training programmes and professional development initiatives, both locally and firmwide.
- Assist in the coordination and implementation of the London Trainees' Orientation, and Trainees' Development Programme ensuring compliance with the SRA's requirements regarding training and supervision of trainees.
- Maintain Continuing Competence compliance records for all lawyers admitted in England & Wales (including lawyers based outside of the UK), generating reports and analysing results as required using the firm's tracking systems to comply with the SRA's requirements.
- Work with relevant team members and others, as required, to monitor and support compliance with all other applicable continuing professional education requirements for lawyers in Europe.
- Liaise with the firm's US-based CLE team to ensure CLE credits are available for internal events.
- Solicit and analyse feedback and data for firmwide conferences, local and regional programmes, and professional development initiatives; prepare summary reports and recommend adjustments. Create and develop other internal reports and presentations as needed.
- Use the firm's learning management system for all European learning events (registration, reminders, attendance tracking and online course completions).
- Manage programme and meeting logistics, including recruiting presenters; schedule programmes and meetings, secure conference rooms and necessary AV/IT support, coordinate room set-up and materials, and trouble-shoot as needed.
- Assist with special projects and initiatives as needed.
- Educated to degree level
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, including proofreading
- The use of good judgment and good interpersonal communication skills
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills
- Works harmoniously and effectively with others as part of a team
The ideal candidate will possess 1+ years of related experience in coordinating lawyer training and/or professional development programs and initiatives, experience working as part of an international team, including across time zones and experience working with a global learning management system. Knowledge of continuing professional education rules and procedures will also be a benefit.
If you meet the above criteria, then please contact Ryder Reid Legal today for a confidential discussion.