Ryder Reid Legal are working with a highly acclaimed US law firm to recruit a Professional Development Manager, based within their London office. The Professional Development Manager will work on all aspects of attorney professional development across the firm's EMEA offices, and will develop, implement and lead on firmwide professional development strategies.
Key responsibilities for the Professional Development Manager will include:
- Identify associate, counsel, and partner career development needs, and design and manage the implementation of programs relating to attorney career development.
- Provide support to the MPLPs with regards to associate needs including staffing and utilisation. Provide ongoing analysis of workloads; track skills and experiences needed to make recommendations on staffing needs.
- Create and maintain relationships within the firm at all levels, establishing a reputation as a trusted advisor for career advice and guidance.
- Liaise with Professional Development teams in other offices on Professional Development training and initiatives.
- Provide confidential advice and guidance to attorneys a varying levels of seniority on all aspects of career growth and development, including career planning and management, time and project management, work/life balance, transitions to/from leaves and potential next steps in their professional careers.
- Work with the Associate Advisory Committee to address career and general professional development feedback from associates and to update and enhance new associate and orientation and lateral attorney integration training programs.
- Oversee Academy, skills-based training, as well as communication skills and writing coaching programs firm-wide.
- Manage associate mentoring program for EMEA .
- Develop and maintain annual budget for firm-wide Professional Development initiatives and training; manage monthly reporting and variance analysis; administer department contracts.
- Monitor current trends and best practices in legal talent and professional development - implement new innovations, as appropriate, to ensure the firm's efforts are innovative and cutting edge.
The ideal candidate for the Professional Development Manager role will have solid career development experience from a legal, consulting or professional services organisation. You will have demonstrated success establishing, developing, and managing robust career development functions and an expert understanding of best practices in professional development and career development. Strong interpersonal skills are essential, along with the ability to manage multiple projects and a passion for driving change and delivering innovative solutions. An undergraduate degree is required; an advanced degree in organisational development, human resources, social sciences, a related field or law degree preferred.