Our client, a leading international firm has an exciting brand-new opportunity for a Professional Support Lawyer to join their expanding London office. This role would suit someone who is either currently working as a Professional Support Lawyer for a UK, US or international based firm or a mid/senior level Associate who is looking for a change.
The role will incorporate knowledge related matters, team development and training sessions supporting both Partners and Associates across Competition and Commercial Litigation.
Key responsibilities will include.
- Answering legal queries from fee earners.
- Supervising/drafting/collaborating with fee earners on articles, the London team's contributions to the firm's perspectives blog, chapters in textbooks and other external materials including client alerts.
- Assisting our knowledge management committee to identify appropriate publications for articles and ensure our record of external publications is kept up to date.
- Helping to oversee our learning & development programme including attending and delivering training sessions, supporting fee earners delivering sessions and sourcing external speakers (the programme includes both technical/black letter law sessions and developing soft skills such as presentation, time management and networking).
- Contributing to internal working groups preparing submissions/feedback to proposed legal developments (e.g., proposed costs reforms, changes to rules on witness evidence in civil proceedings).
- Monitoring legal/market developments and alerting fee earners to relevant developments.
- Migrating existing knowhow/precedent materials to our new office intranet platform and ensuring materials are checked for accuracy and updated as necessary. Preparing new precedents (e.g., disclosure applications, types of retainer agreements).
- Ensuring the limitation/key deadlines calendar is monitored and kept up to date.
- Taking primary responsibility for submissions to the legal directories.
- Additional responsibilities as the parameters of the role develops.
To be considered for this Professional Support Lawyer role you will need:
- To have a minimum of 3 - 6 PQE, ideally with a background in commercial litigation. Some experience of competition would be helpful as this will form part of the role.
- To be confident delivering in depth training sessions to Partners and Associates.
If you feel you meet the above criteria, then please contact Ryder Reid for immediate consideration.