The Quality Assurance Manager performs the role of scrutinising project and development outputs to ensure that all external and internal requirements are met. They are responsible for identifying issues and non-conformities, facilitating prioritisation, and approving any rework/corrective action through re-testing. They work closely with the Business Analyst and Project Management functions within the PMO, together with the Technical Development, Business Support teams, and testing communities within the business to provide confidence that the end product is fit for purpose. Their approval is a necessary part of the project lifecycle.
Reporting to the Senior Project Manager, key responsibilities will include:
- Devise procedures to test, report and manage project quality issues across the lifecycle
- Work with Senior Management within IT and the Business to agree sign off thresholds at appropriate stages
- Create test scripts and plans for assigned projects and work
- Co-ordinate, guide and lead testing communities and Subject matter experts within the business on test procedures and plans
- Liaise with the IT development and support teams, as well as relevant suppliers, to clearly identify and replicate issues. Provide timely retest results back
- Facilitate proactive solutions by collecting and analysing test data and investigate issues for root cause
- Document and communicate test results and statistics to a different levels of audience on a regular basis
- Facilitate relevant triage meetings and presentations to report issues and results
- Working with the Business Analysis function to ensure solutions meet the firm's needs and requirements
- Escalate relevant key issues and risks in a timely manner to the Senior Management team.
- Manage any testing tools and testing reporting tools
The ideal candidate will have proven experience of quality assurance manager or relevant role and thorough knowledge of quality assurance and testing methodologies and standards. Excellent numerical skills and understanding of data analysis /statistical methods, and excellent attention to detail essential. You should have BCS Testing Certification or equivalent. You must have strong administration and organisation skills and the ability to prioritise your workload. You will be able to pick up new systems and procedures quickly, and have strong skills in Microsoft Office, test reporting tools and data interrogation skills.