Records Manager opportunity based in the London office of a top global Law firm.
Our client, a top global Law firm, is looking to recruit an experienced Records Manager to join their London office on a permanent basis. Reporting to the Firmwide Senior Records and Information Governance Manager based in the US, the successful candidate will be responsible ensuring the global records operation is efficient, and that turnaround time of records management requests is satisfactory. The firm offers a great salary and benefits package plus a fantastic working environment.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Manages records operations and monitors Records personnel (Firm and/or outsourced) within the designated offices to ensure compliance with established Firm policies regarding physical and electronic records management.
- Oversees orientation and training for new office hires, including the Electronic Records Coordinator and the procedural training for outsourced staff.
- Recommends opportunities to reduce costs associated with records operations as applicable.
- Manages local office relationships (including timekeepers and staff) and works with the
- Firmwide Senior Records and Information Governance Manager to appropriately address issues.
- Manages response time to internal requests, questions, etc. Addresses issues as warranted.
- Monitors invoicing related to associated vendor costs and ensures adherence to departmental budget.
- Manages storage and shredding programs for assigned offices, and addresses issues as needed.
- Liaises with the Information Governance Special Projects Coordinator, the Electronic Records Coordinator, and outsourced staff to ensure projects (including matter mobility events) are appropriately handled.
- Ensures that work levels are balanced among all outsourced staff members.
- Resolves internal staff issues in a timely manner.
- Maintains relationship with the outsourcing vendor to address any outsourced staff performance issues and provides feedback on work product.
- Keeps both the Electronic Records Coordinator and outsourced staff informed of all appropriate information.
- Facilitates the development of the Electronic Records Coordinator by providing opportunities and support.
- Provides timely feedback on work product to the Electronic Records Coordinator.
- Regularly coaches, evaluates, and recognises staff performance and accomplishments.
- Establishes/adheres to Department budget.
- Seeks opportunities to improve Department efficiency and reduce expenses by streamlining operations.
In order to be considered for this role, you will need to be experienced in legal records management. The successful Records Manager will also have excellent oral / written communication skills, be able to work well as part of a team and have a flexible / organised attitude in order to manage a busy workload. You will be adaptable and have a flexible working attitude, strong attention to detail and a willingness to meet deadlines in this fast-paced global law firm. If you are interested in the position and would like some further information, please send your CV to Ryder Reid for immediate consideration.