Our US law firm client has an exciting new opportunity for a Recruitment Coordinator to join their London office on a permanent basis. The Recruitment Coordinator in the London office will work with the London-based attorneys to support the work of the global Attorney Development and Recruitment team. This position involves all aspects of attorney and paralegal recruiting, helping practice groups with staffing and utilisation, and providing administrative and advisory support to these functions.
- Recruitment - recruiting lateral attorneys and paralegals, and assisting with the lateral partner recruiting process, including:
- Scheduling of lateral attorney candidates
- Ensuring the progress of all associate and counsel recruitment in London, so that all process is moved through to completion and candidates notified accordingly
- Maintenance and development of search firm relationships and fee agreements
- Screen CVs and progress candidates
- Obtain internal approvals for offers and work with HR to issue offer paperwork
- Maintenance of applicant tracking database and spreadsheet
- Keep up to date on market trends regarding salary and benefits
- Direct integration of new legal hires into their practice groups (alongside their general firm induction run by HR)
- Maintain recruiting statistics and prepare reports and analyses
- Alongside the Attorney Development Coordinator, assist Partners to assess utilisation and staffing requirements
- Assist the Director of Recruiting with budget submissions for London, and monitor spend
- Trainees/SQE applications:
- Work with Attorney Development and HR teams to coordinate the trainee solicitor programme, and the promotion of paralegals to new attorneys through the SQE programme
- Organise Trainee Solicitor inductions and mid and end of seat reviews (every three months)
- Liaise with Trainees regarding Professional Skills Course and electives - sourcing, booking and monitoring attendance
- Organise the selection process for candidates
The ideal candidate will have prior recruitment experience in a law firm, professional services or if you're from an agency and looking for a move in-house. You must be an enthusiastic self-starter with highly effective communication skills and a strong client service ethic. The ability to build strong and effective relationships across the business is essential, as is excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
If you meet the above criteria, then please contact Ryder Reid Legal today for a confidential discussion.