Our client, a dynamic award-winning US law firm, has a new position for a Research Analyst. Based in their London office, the Research Analyst will be a key member of the global Research Services team and assist with the day-to-day operations of the Europe/Hong Kong Research Services ("library") functions. This firm prides itself on the quality of its work, approachability of its partners, and job satisfaction of its staff. The London office has been growing rapidly recently, making it a great time to join them!
Key responsibilities will include:
- Executes the workflow and processes associated with electronic subscription management in Europe/HK (excluding Paris), including password provisioning, troubleshooting subscription access issues with users and vendors, ongoing subscription adjustments, license monitoring per licensing terms, usage statistics gathering, invoicing.
- With direction and supervision from the Senior Manager assists with annual renewals of electronic subscriptions.
- Executes the workflow and processes associated with management of the print library collection in Europe/HK (excluding Paris) including serials management, loose-leaf filing, book updating, routing, desk-book management, invoicing, vendor management and physical library organization.
- Provides legal, business and business development research as assigned.
- Conducts new hire orientation for legal and professional staff as assigned.
- Develops, prepares and conducts training to promote effective research.
- Proactively monitors trends in library/information science and the legal industry and incorporates them accordingly and appropriately.
- Prioritises continuous learning by seeking professional development opportunities.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as required.
The ideal candidate:
- Library Degree or training as law firm or professional services firm librarian/researcher.
- Demonstrated experience with a wide range of information sources, including Lexis UK, MergerMarket, Debtwire, Pitchbook, PLC, and other major databases services for the European/HK market.
- Demonstrated experience with an integrated library automation system
- Strong relevant experience in a law firm, professional services firm or corporate environment.
- Ability to effectively manage work to high quality standards, with a meticulous eye for detail.
- Strong organisational skills, ability to prioritise and execute tasks, multitask and meet deadlines.
- Effective interpersonal, written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the firm in a professional manner.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all members of the firm.
- Technical aptitude and ability to quickly learn new applications.
If you meet the above requirements, then we want to talk to you! Please contact Ryder Reid Legal for immediate consideration.