We are recruiting on a fantastic opportunity for a Research Manager to join one of our leading global law firm clients on a permanent basis. This role supports the information and research needs of lawyers and other firm personnel. Under the direction of the Research & Competitive Intelligence Director and in collaboration with the global Research Services team, the Research Manager will undertake complex domestic and international legal and business research, provide training on available research and practice-related resources, and assist with resource management and other library administrative functions.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Conduct extensive legal and business research across an array of internal and external resources. Closely monitor workflow through the research intake system, Quest, to ensure prompt responses to time-sensitive requests. Monitoring of research workflow on evenings and weekends is expected.
- Participate in the firm's resource management process and lawyer educational programs to meet the evolving needs and goals of practice groups, including assessing and recommending new resources or advising on developments pertaining to existing resources, along with developing and implementing customized training programs and materials. Collaborate with practice group leaders and Business Professional teams to understand research needs and provide customized solutions and recommendations.
- Participate in marketing initiatives to promote the value and strategic capabilities of the Research team as well as the Knowledge & Innovation department. Develop relationships and a communication cadence with London-based practitioners to gain insight into potential opportunities for the K&I team to recommend process improvements or efficiencies to aid in productivity.
- Stay current on new developments, trends, changes in the law and legal industry and news relevant to the firm's practice areas and clients.
- Provides support on other projects or duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate for the Research Manager role will have solid research experience ideally gained from a law firm, academic law library or professional services environment. You should have extensive knowledge of library techniques, systems, working tools and procedures. You should ideally have advanced online research skills and knowledge of electronic and print law and business resources including but not limited to Lexis, Westlaw, Bloomberg terminal, S&P, Debtwire and LCD. The ability to manage a busy workload and work to deadlines is essential, along with a confident and proactive approach. This firm offers a friendly and supportive culture, so if you meet the above criteria then please apply to Ryder Reid today.