Are you an experienced Research & Reference Specialist, looking for an exciting new opportunity with a dynamic US law firm in London? Our client is seeking a forward thinking, competent individual to join the firm on a permanent basis to be an integral member of the Research and Information team. This position will require the ideal candidate to research service departments and provide a research and reference service to lawyers and support staff.
As the Research & Reference Specialist you will be required to support the team by means of:
- Working with library and research staff in the Firm's other offices to provide Library and Research Services support to the whole Firm.
- Answering a diverse range of queries and conducting research in the legal practice areas of the London offices, often under significant time pressure and within strict deadlines.
- Sourcing and retrieving documents using a range of electronic resources and databases.
- Sourcing materials for lawyers, by request, from external libraries including the Institute of Advanced Legal Studies, the Bodleian Law Library and the British Library, as well as others.
- Respond to queries on research.
- Good knowledge of library systems and information retrieval services to ensure work is performed in compliance with departmental standards and client needs.
This person will work in conjunction with the Manager on several internal client led tasks and activities, they will need to meet department demands and be flexible to meet client needs on any given day. The ideal candidate will be team player who is committed, enthusiastic and proactive.
The role will be located primarily in the London office with the occasional change to other offices. Our client is open to full time or part time (3 days a week). Knowledge of the Sierra library management system, the international arbitration resources, lexis, Westlaw, Kluwar, Lawtel and Justis would be hugely advantageous. If you would like to have a confidential conversation about this role or find out more information, then please get in touch today for immediate consideration.