Our US law firm client is looking to grow their Risk team in London and is looking to recruit two new Risk Analysts. As a Risk Analyst, you will work as part of a busy department which advises partners, senior management and staff on a range of matters affecting the firm. Reporting into the Professional Responsibility Lawyer, key responsibilities for each Risk Analyst will include:
- Facilitating the client and matter on-boarding process, including conducting risk checks on new clients and new mandates involving conflicts and client due diligence
- Assisting in the drafting and execution of engagement letters
- Monitoring changes to relevant rules and regulations (e.g. AML, SRA)
- Answering queries from partners, fee earners and staff relating to the interpretation of relevant legislation, pertaining to regulatory law, risk management and other compliance matters
- Assisting with maintaining databases, breach log and risk registers
- Liaising with the firm's regulators, particularly the SRA
The ideal Risk Analyst candidate will have solid experience of client on-boarding and compliance gained from a law firm, and will have a strong understanding of conflicts and AML rules. You will have a good knowledge of corporate structures, including companies, trusts and partnerships. Strong communication and organisational skills are a must, along with excellent attention to detail and the ability to prioritise and multi-task. This is a fantastic opportunity to take the next step in your risk management career, within a progressive and forward-thinking firm. If you meet the above criteria, then please contact Ryder Reid today.