Fantastic opportunity for a Risk & Compliance Lawyer/Manager to join a hugely successful global law firm. In this role, you will support the firm's two Assistant General Counsel/Directors of Risk and Compliance for Europe and Asia with a wide variety of projects and assist them in the provision of risk related advice and the management of compliance matters across the firm's European and Asian offices.
Key responsibilities for the Risk & Compliance Lawyer/Manager position will include:
- Providing guidance to partners, associates and the global operations team (i.e. business support functions) on a wide range of legal and regulatory risk issues, including engagement letters, outside counsel guidelines, conflicts and confidential information, anti-money laundering, prevention of tax evasion, market abuse, disclosure regimes, and data privacy.
- Producing and/or updating written policies and guidance.
- Management of SRA records (including the bulk renewal application), risk registers, and general corporate records for the firm's various legal entities in Europe and Asia.
- Reviewing contracts.
- Identifying new or changing legal and regulatory issues affecting the firm.
- Assisting with ongoing projects, including those on GDPR and DAC6.
- Developing and delivering risk and compliance training.
The ideal candidate will have risk and compliance experience and a good knowledge of and interest in data protection and compliance with GDPR. French language skills would also be an advantage. You will have strong communication skills, both written and oral, have tact and diplomacy, and be a good relationship builder. A good understanding (or an ability to gain an understanding quickly) of the legal and regulatory regimes relevant to the firm's European and Asian offices, the types of work undertaken by the firm, and the various support functions of the firm. You will ideally be a qualified lawyer, minimum 3 years PQE, and have a background of working in a large City/international firm.