We are looking for a legal professional that does not necessarily have to be a qualified lawyer but must have:
* A detailed understanding of and significant working experience of the regulatory framework, including the SRA Handbook, regulatory standards and procedures, GDPR and Data Protection Act 2018 and other relevant legislation and regulation.
* The technical ability to identify, analyse and evaluate the impact of regulatory and legislative changes on the firm.
* The ability to make recommendations to reduce/control any risks identified.
* Experience of working with and developing regulatory policies, procedures and quality accreditations.
* The ability to explain and advise succinctly on difficult and complex areas of regulatory compliance.
* Good IT skills with the ability to work with different systems.
The role will involve working alongside the Legal Director - Risk & Compliance, the Risk & Compliance team and the wider business in identifying and managing the firm's regulatory compliance and professional risks.
What does the role actually involve?
* Monitoring and continuing to improve risk & compliance across the business.
* Providing accurate, proportionate, commercial and risk-based specialist legal, regulatory, risk or compliance advice and escalating in accordance with process.
* Day to day responsibility, subject to escalation to Legal Director - R&C and COLP, for investigating and resolving all formal complaints, incidents and breaches, establishing the causes and reporting on mitigation and themes.
* Managing firmwide risks particularly around ethical, regulatory and conduct risks including updating and reporting on risk registers.
* Undertaking the R&C file reviews including thematic reviews and audits, ensuring that all corrective actions are mitigated, and any trends/issues are managed.
* Analysing all R&C data and providing succinct and meaningful reports on trends, emerging risk issues or developments, providing suggestions for mitigation and updating the departmental risk registers.
* Responsibility for managing the R&C team's responses to client requests/questionnaires and tenders including escalating to the Risk & Compliance committee as required with recommendations to mitigate risks.
* Keeping up to date with emerging risk issues, as appropriate, preparing reports to the Risk & Compliance committee and/or the Exec with recommendations around mitigation.
* Developing and communicating concise and user-friendly R&C policies, procedures, guidance and communications.
* Designing and delivering R&C training programmes and materials.
* Monitoring and considering the impact of regulatory and legislative changes to identify gaps in the firm's risk and compliance knowledge and being proactive to address those gaps.
* Providing input into business and strategic decisions from a risk and compliance perspective, including providing support for internal projects to ensure that our regulatory responsibilities are met.
* Undertake any other ad hoc duties as required, commensurate with the level of the post.
We are looking for individuals who are passionate about risk and compliance to support the business to deliver the firm's strategy. The role encompasses a broad spectrum of risk and compliance activities with the focus of further embedding risk and compliance into our processes.