Fantastic opportunity to join one of the world's leading law firms as a Risk Management Analyst. The Risk Management Analyst will work as part of the International New Business Intake (NBI) department to provide support across their international offices with regards to business intake, conflicts analysis, and customer due diligence (KYC). Key responsibilities for the Risk Management Analyst will be varied, including:
- Perform KYC AML reviews for approval by the Head of Compliance, on all existing and new clients. Collate and record KYC information, running sanctions checks, and maintaining the PEP register.
- Review the KYC collated by fee earners and secretaries and identify what is missing pursuant to established protocols.
- Conduct accurate conflicts searches, complete accurate analysis, and communicate the priority issues identified to the attorneys in a clear and succinct manner.
- Liaise with Partners, attorneys, staff and the Head of Compliance on resolution of conflicts issues and to seek enhanced information, if insufficient information has been provided.
- Deliver the London office orientation programme for new joiners and provide training on internal business intake systems as and when required.
- Assist the Head of Compliance with a wide range for research requests and other projects (which may go beyond conflicts and KYC) as may be assigned
The ideal candidate for the Risk Management Analyst position will have solid conflicts and KYC experience, preferably from within a Law firm. You must be familiar with UK Conflicts rules and UK Money Laundering Regulations and have an awareness of how they should be practically applied. You will also have experience of working with information barrier systems. You must be highly organised, proactive and able to complete tasks through to resolution. You will be a critical thinker and problem-solver, and be highly confidential. Knowledge of business and research tools such as BvD Orbis or LegalKey are required.