Our client, a progressive and forward-thinking global head quartered law firm, has a new opportunity for a Risk and Compliance Manager to join their London office on a permanent basis. The Risk & Compliance Manager will report directly to the MLRO and COLP based in the US as well as to the Office of the General Counsel.
Key responsibilities include:
- Advise the firm's London office on a wide range of compliance and regulatory issues, including AML and KYC issues, and interact with the firm's Office of the General Counsel as needed on firm-wide compliance issues.
- Develop, implement, and manage the compliance monitoring plan, including AML and KYC policies, procedures, systems and controls, for the firm's London office.
- Monitor the firm's systems and controls to ensure they comply with SRA requirements, including (but not limited to) the firm's engagement letters, reporting and risk assessment processes, and processes for file opening and periodic review.
- Ensure the firm's compliance with, and provide guidance to its employees regarding, all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures regarding KYC and AML, while proactively identifying risk and recommending solutions and training to mitigate risk.
- Act as a "first line" point of contact for new client due diligence/KYC, AML issues, and SRA-related queries.
- Identify regulatory and legislative developments that may affect the firm while ensuring the firm is up to date with legislative and regulatory changes by amending policies, controls, and procedures where necessary.
- Assist the MLRO and COLP with developing and delivering risk and compliance training, including regarding issues relating to client inception, KYC, conflicts and AML processes, and work with HR department to ensure necessary training is provided.
- Manage the matter file review process to ensure the firm complies with the SRA Code of Conduct and Rules and that all associated Client Due Diligence has been captured including AML, engagement letters, etc.
- Monitor new procedures, guidance and current best practices, including SRA guidance, and attend relevant conferences and seminars to stay up to date on compliance issues.
- Conduct annual review of Risk Management Manual and all other risk-related policies and procedures to ensure they are kept up to date.
- Report to the MLRO and other management committees on any issues relating to AML, data protection, market abuse or other SRA compliance matters.
- Assist with monitoring potential exposure to sanctions and review and assist with any necessary notifications.
- Maintain SRA required registers including the Undertakings Register and COLP & COFA Breaches Register and manage the Practicing Certificate Renewal process.
- Perform PEP and sanctions searches as necessary on natural persons, collecting personal identification and storing securely.
- Advise MLRO and Office of the General Counsel on areas where AML, KYC, and other compliance controls should be improved.
- Maintain insider lists for the firm in line with relevant legislation and regulations.
- Assist in the development, implementation, and updates of written policies and procedures as necessary.
- Work in conjunction with the MLRO, COLP, COFA, Office of the General Counsel and Finance team to ensure the firm is compliant with all SRA regulations (and equivalent in other relevant jurisdictions).
The ideal candidate for the Risk & Compliance Manager position will have a Law degree or graduate diploma in law; being a qualified lawyer would be highly beneficial. Previous experience with AML, KYC and compliance issues facing UK law firms is desirable. You must have excellent communication skills, be a logical thinker and have the ability to build strong and effective relationships. This is an excellent opportunity to join a highly successful firm so if you meet the above criteria then please contact Ryder Reid for immediate consideration.