We are recruiting for a Senior Associate to join the Real Estate department of one of our international law firm clients on a permanent basis. The role sits within their Manchester office.
The purpose of job is to advise on a variety of Real Estate matters, and for a variety of clients, with particular focus on Asset Management work, ensuring a consistent level of client service is provided at all times. The Senior Associate will supervise the work of junior lawyers, paralegals and apprentices to whom work is delegated, providing the relevant guidance, support and development.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide advice and transactional support in all aspects of Real Estate asset management work including Landlord and Tenant, Acquisitions and Disposals.
- Draft and negotiate complex asset management documents to ensure they meet client requirements, to include delegating aspects of the work to paralegals and apprentices, reviewing and supervising that work.
- Work as part of client teams across our UK offices in relation to aspects of complex asset management projects.
- Review and approve draft documents prepared by junior members of the team supporting on matters to ensure they meet client requirements.
- Work with the Partner to on-board new clients and work streams into the Manchester office, including taking a lead role in developing new client relationships.
- Develop existing key client relationships, both with external client contacts and internal stakeholders, including client teams in other UK offices.
- Provide advice to clients to ensure that their interests are protected and that all relevant laws and regulations are adhered to at all times.
- Identify any areas for improvement in systems, processes and client service provision and liaise with the relevant stakeholders to ensure appropriate changes are made.
Experience and knowledge:
- 5 PQE+
- Solid track record of working on commercial RE matters including Landlord and Tenant - essential
- Strong experience of asset management work - essential * Experience of supervising and developing junior fee-earners - essential
Skills and competencies:
- Ability to develop strong working relationships at all levels internally and externally
- Strong influencing and problem solving skills
- Excellent commercial acumen
If you are interested in this vacancy and have the relevant qualifications, experience and knowledge then we would be happy to receive your application.