Our client, a highly successful US headquartered law firm, is looking to recruit a Senior Business Development Manager to support their Financial Restructuring practice. The Senior Business Development Manager is responsible for meeting the practice and business development needs of the Financial Restructuring practice in the London office. The Senior Business Development Manager is expected to perform all responsibilities with a commitment to providing superior service to the Firm's attorneys, advisors and staff, and maintaining an atmosphere of teamwork and continuous improvement. Above all, the Senior Business Development Manager must fulfill the needs of the Firm in a manner that is consistent with the Firm's core values.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Assist in the development and manage the implementation of practice group business and action plans by coordinating and tracking the group's efforts locally and internationally.
- Conduct market research with respect to opportunities for additional or new work; including competitive intelligence to support the strategic plans.
- Identify, assess and coordinate conferences, seminars, forums, sponsorships, speaking and writing opportunities to ensure they are line with the goals of the practice.
- Manage the implementation of cross practice initiatives for the firm, including client and industry teams and any other efforts aimed at targeting new business by more than two practices. This will include working with the lead partners to identify cross-selling opportunities and to ensure a structured approach to marketing campaigns, client targeting, pitching and events.
- Work with the marketing and communications team to develop, prepare and distribute brochures, advertisements, newsletters, and client mailings at the practice level, and promote exposure of the practice and individual attorneys, as appropriate.
- Manage and implement internal and external practice events, with support from the marketing and communications team.
- Drive partnerships with local organizations, develop entertainment and educational events to deliver value, visibility, and opportunity in the local market.
- Take ownership of tracking and maintain transactions and cases for practice groups for proposals, league tables, directory submissions, etc.
- Prepare proposals/RFPs/presentations in coordination with partners. Maintain a record of all pitches.
- Manage that the firm is marketing materials and to ensure the records is updated quarterly and appropriately reflect practice group experience and expertise.
- Work with the research team to provide assigned practice groups with regular updates regarding new business opportunities, market trends and competitive threats.
- Identify opportunities to offer new services or enhance existing services in order to attract high-value work and enhance value provided to clients.
The ideal candidate will have strong business development and marketing experience from a law firm environment and have excellent written and verbal communication skills. A strong work ethic is a must and you need to be able to prioritise and manage your workload. You will have a commitment to professional growth and development, and have strong writing and editing skills.