Our prestigious and expanding international law firm client is recruiting for a brand-new Senior Billing Analyst to join them on a permanent basis. Reporting to the Finance Director, the Senior Billing Analyst will be responsible for coordinating the billing/ revenue function in London.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Proactively monitor unbilled WIP of each assigned billing partner to identify opportunities to issue invoices.
- Prepare draft billing narratives on monthly billing to Partners/Fee Earners for review
- Review and analyse time entries to enable drafting of legal invoices as necessary
- Liaison between partners, clients and PAs to finalise, render and submit invoices to clients; attend meetings to discuss as required
- Perform write offs, rate changes and credit notes
- Ensure and advise invoices are submitted in the appropriate currency
- Serve as the billing contact for internal customers and external auditors
- Document billing internal controls and procedures
- Ensure that invoices comply with agreed client fee arrangements
- To submit WIP reports via excel to the Partners/Fee Earners as required
- Provide assistance as necessary to the Conflicts and AML Coordinator on opening/closing matter ledgers,
- Ensure correct charge out rates applied, and Practice Group category and Fee Arrangement are correct on all new matters.
- Liaison with Partners/ Fee Earners/PAs for prompt closing of matter ledgers upon completion
- Working with Partners/Fee Earners to understand the case funding and fee structures, as necessary
- Ensure compliance to regulatory legislation including VAT, Solicitors Accounts Rules and Money Laundering requirements
- Daily allocation of monies received against invoices, notifying Partners/Fee Earners and recording to the appropriate client matter ledgers
- Reconciliation of the client bank accounts, transfer monies between the client and office ledger as appropriate
- Generate billing, debtors, WIP and cash collections reports as necessary from ELITE
- Liaison with matter Partner in charge on the progress of cash collections; produce monthly reports Aged Debtor reports with commentary on status
The successful candidate will have relevant experience grained from working in a similar position within a law firm. A good working knowledge of the accounting system Aderant Expert or Elite would be advantageous. You must possess good interpersonal skills to maintain effective relationships with partners, lawyers, clients and staff. You must be able to identify and analyse issues and problems and to recommend and implement solutions. If you meet the above criteria, then please contact Ryder Reid for immediate consideration.