Hugely successful global law firm seeks a Senior Business Development Manager to support the Funds and Tax practices. Reporting into the Director of Business Development and the London partners, the Senior Business Development Manager will:
- Assist in the development and manage the implementation of practice group business and action plans by coordinating and tracking the group's efforts locally and internationally.
- Conduct market research with respect to opportunities for additional or new work; including competitive intelligence to support the strategic plans.
- Manage the implementation of cross practice initiatives for the firm, including client and industry teams and any other efforts aimed at targeting new business by more than two practices. This will include working with the lead partners to identify cross-selling opportunities and to ensure a structured approach to marketing campaigns, client targeting, pitching and events.
- Work with the marketing and communications team to develop, prepare and distribute brochures, advertisements, newsletters, and client mailings at the practice level, and promote exposure of the practice and individual attorneys, as appropriate.
- Take ownership of tracking and maintain transactions and cases for practice groups for proposals, league tables, directory submissions, etc.
- Prepare proposals/RFPs/presentations in coordination with partners. Maintain a record of all pitches.
- Manage and implement internal and external practice events, with support from the marketing and communications team.
- Drive partnerships with local organizations, develop entertainment and educational events to deliver value, visibility, and opportunity in the local market.
- Prepare and manage directory submissions for assigned practice groups.
- Taking ownership and facilitating communication among and between the practices.
- Request and disseminate research to teams on trends in the investment management and tax industry.
- Manage client development expenses by practice group and prepare budgets on annual basis.
- Effectively managing existing and new client relationships within the department.
- Attend and prepare for the weekly departmental meetings.
- Manage and supervise colleagues, provide guidance and support throughout.
The ideal candidate will have strong experience in business development and marketing from an international law firm, plus a Bachelors degree in Marketing or related field. People management experience is required. You must have a strong work ethic, excellent communication skills, and the ability to manage workload and complete tasks under time pressure.