Our global law firm client is seeking a Senior Business Development Manager, reporting to the Chief Business Development Officer. Working closely with all levels of lawyers and staff across various Practice Groups and Departments at the firm, the Senior Business Development Manager will be responsible for the development, prioritisation, and execution of business development plans consistent with the firm's strategies and with a focus on developing business across the Middle East. The ideal candidate will bring experience, exceptional organisational skills, and a blend of project leadership, business analysis, executive communication, process management, and people development.
This an exciting opportunity to be directly involved in business development planning and execution in the Middle East for a leading global law firm which has made significant investments globally, including in the Middle East. Consistent with the firm's 'two offices, one team' approach in the UAE, candidates will be considered in both Abu Dhabi and Dubai and the post-holder will support efforts across both offices as well as the broader region. This position interfaces with all levels of the firm, practice group and office management and clients.
This role does not currently have any direct reports but this may change at some point in the future. In the meantime, it does require the ability to coordinate and manage cross-department project teams where necessary including working closely with Marketing & Communications colleagues in the UAE.
Key tasks/responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Contributes to the development, prioritisation, and implementation of business development plans across the Middle East offices.
- Supports partners and lawyers across the Middle East and globally to build, maintain and develop client relationships with current and prospective clients with their activities in and outbound from Middle East.
- Drives a strategic focus on developing business in areas such as investment management, corporate transactions, and disputes, investigations and international sanctions across the Middle East.
- Works collaboratively with industry groups to support, drive and implement industry-related activities across the Middle East.
- Identifies key opportunities, drafts plans and engages in driving the execution of plans to enhance the firm's profile including through client-focused activity across the Middle East.
- Contributes strategically to the development of relationships with local law firms across the Middle East.
- Engages in drafting plans, collaborates with client leaders and client team members, and drives the execution of plans to generate and co-ordinate activity with clients in the Client Alliance Program (CAP).
- Effectively organizes information, gathers resources and manages multiple projects.
- Develops, supports and implements recommendations and manages projects specifically related to achieving business development plan objectives from inception to completion.
- Participates in teleconferences and meetings to provide information and promote continued implementation of objectives identified in applicable business development plans.
- Researches and analyses information to identify business development opportunities.
- Participates in Practice Group and Local Management meetings as requested.
The ideal candidate will have a university degree in a related field or equivalent. An advanced degree is highly preferred. You will have strong business development experience, ideally within a law firm, professional services firm, or related industry (i.e. investment banking, etc.). Experience in a supervisory, management or leadership role with proven experience of managing mid to large scale projects would be beneficial. You must have knowledge of the competitive landscape challenging major global law firms with particular focus on the Middle East, strong client service orientation and the ability to excel in a highly matrixed work environment. You will have excellent relationship building skills, communication skills and problem-solving skills. You will be innovative, highly motivated and self-directed, being able to work independently as well as manage projects in a collaborative team environment.