Our global law firm client is seeking a Senior Communications Manager to join them on a permanent basis. The Senior Communications Manager will support the firm's communications and international business development teams in an array of communications and PR-focused activities and initiatives. The role will also generally support communications and PR functions in the firm's London office and other non-U.S. offices and assist in coordinating and supporting the communications aspects of events alongside the business development and marketing teams. The Senior Communications Manager supervises the London communications coordinator and works closely with the communications and marketing teams across the firm.
Key duties will include:
- Assume a leading role in identifying opportunities and securing placements to generate visibility for the firm and its lawyers across targeted media channels. This includes liaising with external PR agencies and members of the business development team and other business services teams to identify client successes, trends, issues and feature stories for partner commentary, with an eye towards ensuring maximum exposure before targeted audiences.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with reporters and editors at key legal, business and trade publications, particularly those in the legal industry in the U.K./Europe, Middle East and Asian markets, as well as key industry publications.
- Working alongside the global business development team and the communications coordinator, help oversee the firm's international awards and submissions efforts, including its submissions to key legal directories as well as valued awards and accolade opportunities across key areas of practice.
- Work with business services teams, including HR, recruiting and DE&I, to identify and promote, internally and externally, stories, features and successes which position the firm as an innovative leader.
- Lead the development and execution of media and PR-focused communications plans for practice areas across the firm, firm initiatives and special reports.
- Working with communications coordinator and other stakeholders across the firm, to draft and disseminate news releases relating to lateral partner hires, deals, victories, accolades, pro bono successes and other firm news and initiatives to key media contacts
- Place bylined articles in legal and trade publications, including via the republication of existing thought leadership content. Provide editorial guidance as necessary.
- Working with the communications coordinator, provide support for the firm's social media efforts beyond the U.S., including developing and preparing postings on social networking sites including LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Lead efforts internationally within the communications team to ensure timely collection, drafting and posting of news items regarding attorney speaking engagements, media appearances and articles to the internal firm portal and/or website.
- Assist the creation and editing of the firm's daily internal newsletter, "The Daily Buzz," and ensure timeliness in sharing relevant firm news internally, through all relevant channels.
- Assist in the drafting of firmwide communications for firm management, as well as other high-level internal communications.
- As needed, provide communications and PR support for ad hoc projects across the firm.
- Keep records of the firm's communications activities for sharing, reporting and discussing as needed.
The ideal candidate for the Senior Communications Manager role will be degree educated in a relevant subject. You must have broad-based public relations and communications experience, preferably with a law firm or global professional services firm. You will have superior written and verbal communication skills, a strong image and a boardroom presence that engenders confidence from management, partners and staff of the firm. A proven track record in developing relationships with global business and legal/energy trade media, and proven management skills, are required.