Our incredible leading international law firm client has an amazing opportunity for a Senior Conflicts Analyst to join their Global Conflicts team on a full-time permanent basis.
This position reports into the Conflicts & AML Manager based in London and will be working within a team of 10 as well as being part of the wider global team. You will be able to work fully remotely but will be required to go into London office occasionally when required.
Key duties will include:
- With the direction and consultation of the General Counsel's office and the Professional Responsibility Committee:
- analyzes results from searches of the firm's conflicts database and outside sources to identify potential or actual conflicts posed by new work or new hires;
- actively provides consultation to firm attorneys regarding conflicts rules;
- as needed, drafts conflicts waivers or takes other steps to cure conflicts;
- provides instruction and supervises the work of the conflicts research staff; and
- documents or audits steps taken to clear any conflicts.
- Establishes waiver-driven ethics screens in the wall application and participates in drafting screening memos.
- Together with the research staff, maintains the conflicts database with appropriate information about firm clients and matters, client subsidiaries and affiliates, related parties, etc.
- Reviews Outside Counsel Guidelines for conflicts and professional-responsibility-related provisions and leads projects to have these provisions implemented.
- Contributes significantly to or manages projects that affect the Conflicts Department and other administrative departments, including new procedures and software implementations.
- Trains new team members, including lawyers and staff.
- Provides on-call coverage on weekends and holidays as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Familiarity with the Solicitors Regulatory Authority and Model and D.C. Rules of Professional Conduct or analogous rules in other jurisdictions is preferred.
- Excellent legal or business research ability using various online databases and print resources is required.
- General familiarity with modern business organization models, structures and ownership is required.
- Excellent analytical skills and written and oral communications skills are required.
- Must be able to distill for the internal client a quantity of complex data into a manageable, logical explanation of the issues and policies regarding steps to be taken.
- Excellent judgment is required in providing support to the firm's lawyers, including knowing when to escalate this issue.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish close working relationships with the firm's lawyers, administrative and support staff are required. Demonstrated customer service focus is preferred.
- Facility with MS Office and similar typical business software is required. Familiarity with Intapp OPEN or other automated conflict of interest clearance systems as found in AmLaw 100 firms is preferred.
- Supervisory ability or demonstrated capacity to provide instruction in a business setting is preferred.
Candidates should ideally have at least 3 - 5 years' experience within conflicts.
If you meet the above criteria, then please contact Ryder Reid Legal today for a confidential discussion.