Ryder Reid are working with a truly market-leading global law firm to recruit a Senior Conflicts Analyst. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a friendly and growing team within a highly prestigious firm, based in stunning offices in the City.
The Senior Conflicts Analyst will work with international offices in the areas of business intake, conflicts searching/analysis, customer due diligence (KYC) and the handling of confidential information. This person will act very much in a mentoring / training capacity for junior team members and will liaise extensively with colleagues globally.
Key responsibilities for the Senior Conflicts Analyst will include:
- Understand and perform the analysis and research process on all potential new business.
- Verify that all searching is complete, consistent, and accurate and that all Firm conflicts procedures have been followed.
- Create a well-organised written analysis for attorneys.
- Process requests for conflicts searches, perform necessary research, and complete business intake forms.
- Follow up on new business and conflict issues with department colleagues and attorneys, when necessary.
- Collaborate with team members on new business, new employees and projects, with attention to deadlines and time-sensitive issues .
- Work with specialists, coordinators, and other team members to address time sensitive issues related to routine pre-engagement, restructuring related matters.
- Help assist with clearance and general conflicts queries within the department
- Serve as public face of New Business and Conflicts.
- Contribute to process, procedure, and technology improvements in order to reduce risk and improve efficiency.
- Assist in the development and training of other department employees.
- Assist in the reviewing of other department employees' work.
The ideal candidate will have solid experience of conflicts, and have experience of working with information barrier systems. You must have strong organisational skills and willingness to participate in a small and multi-tasking team. You must be proactive and responsible for completing tasks and follow through with the resolution of issues, including the ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment. You will have excellent customer service orientation with first-class communication skills and the ability to work with attorneys and staff at all levels. You will be highly analytical and able to think critically and pro-actively and problem solve. You will be passionate about training and mentoring junior team members and be committed to delivering a high quality service. Knowledge of business and research tools e.g. BvD Orbis, LegalKey, Worldcheck and Capital IQ, and experience of working with Intapp is required.