Our client, a fast growing US law firm, has a brand new opportunity for a Senior HR Advisor within their HR team. This newly created role will provide operational HR support to the London office and will be the first point of contact for a range of HR matters. Reporting into Head of HR, key responsibilities for the Senior HR Advisor will diverse, including:
- First point of contact for employee queries, ensuring that policies and procedures are appropriately and fairly applied;
- Assisting with the on-boarding processes for new joiners;
- Assisting with the management of parental leaves (maternity, paternity and shared parental leave), returns to work planning, KIT days, arranging parental transition coaching, etc;
- Assisting with immigration matters, and ensuring compliance with our Migrant Worker responsibilities (right to work checks, visa applications, etc.);
- Providing support to the Payroll and Benefits Officer on employee benefits administration, management and queries;
- Providing support to the Recruitment Manager with graduate recruitment activities (interviewing, assessment centres, attending law fairs, etc.);
- Monitoring absence (sickness and holidays), including return to work interviews and occupational health referrals, where appropriate;
- Managing flexible working requests and ensuring reference requests are process in a timely manner;
- Where appropriate, assisting with performance issues and investigating complaints;
- Responsibility for the HR pages on the intranet, adding new content and ensuring that it is continually up-to-date;
- Providing active support to the Firm's diversity and inclusion initiatives;
- Ad hoc project work, as required e.g. benchmarking, research, change management projects.
The ideal candidate for the Senior HR Advisor position will be of graduate calibre and will ideally have the CIPD or be working towards this. You must have strong HR experience within a Law firm or Professional Services firm, and a working knowledge of English employment law. Excellent interpersonal skills are essential, along with the ability to influence at all levels and build effective working relationships. You must be able to work to deadlines, prioritise and have practical experience of handling employee relations issues. If you are an HR professional looking for a new challenge, then please apply to Ryder Reid today.