Reporting into the HR Director, the Senior HR Manager will work to provide a seamless service to the London office.
This firm is renowned not only for first-class legal work, but also for its commitment to diversity and pro bono initiatives which is now ingrained in its culture.
Key responsibilities for the Senior HR Manager will include:
- Acting as a key business partner to the London office, under the Director of HR, supporting partners, counsel, associates, business services and secretarial populations in a HR generalist capacity
- Manage the compensation and benefits package for the London Office, linking in salary/bonus to benefits and reward, ensuring we are competitive and market leading where possible;
- Management and co-ordination of annual salary and bonus review processes for London office;
- Management of calculations and creation of annual gender pay gap report as well as supporting statements and internal communications;
- Management of firm's appraisal process, introducing the use of Workday in 2020 for business services
- Assisting with roll out of New Partner Counsel Structure
- Management of Practising Certificate Renewal process (and assisting the Director of Projects with PII renewal each year)
- Position on the internal Coronavirus task force (including daily management of Firms' RTO application, managing requests for employees to come into the office and assessing health questionnaires)
- Responsible for GDPR changes and legislation within the department
- Management of Modern Slavery training and annual statement each year
- Responsible for keeping up to date with all changes to Pensions regulations, assisting the Director of HR with any changes;
- Supporting the Director of Human Resources and Recruitment Manager with all partner recruitment as appropriate;
- Provide support and guidance to partners and employees in the London office on all employee relations issues such as disciplinary, grievance, absence monitoring and performance management, with a particular focus on Partners, Counsel and Associates;
- Support the Director of HR in reviewing, developing and implementing policies and procedures as well as monitoring effectiveness of policies and initiatives;
- Management of Workday, project planning as necessary and introducing WD Compensation in 2021;
- Conduct exit interviews for all leavers, follow up as required;
- IRT deputy for the Director of HR;
- Involvement in various D&I initiatives such as the annual Stonewall submission index;
- Management of apprenticeship schemes where appropriate;
- Management of roll out of IR35;
- Run interview skills and performance review training as appropriate;
- Managing immigration and visa applications and related issues;
- Manage the secondment and transfer processes;
- Keep up-to-date with relevant employment law updates;
- Liaising with NY office on various payroll queries (Texas Franchise tax laws, preparation of W2Cs)
- Involved in post-Brexit task force (in relation to travel and employment law).
- Daily management of HR Officer and HR Administrator; and
- Additional HR projects as and when required.
The ideal candidate for this Senior HR Manager role will have strong HR experience, with law firm experience being highly preferable. You must be highly credible, have gravitas and be able to build relationships with senior stakeholders. The ability to work quickly, efficiently and to deadlines is a must. Experience of managing a small team is required, and experience of Workday is preferred.