Exciting brand-new opportunity to join the London office of a growing global law firm as a Senior IT Support Manager on a permanent basis. This role is responsible for managing, providing and overseeing the provision of the highest level of IT client service to the London office lawyers and business professionals , in meeting their specific practice and business needs.
Key responsibilities for the Senior IT Manager will include:
- Managing and delivering the development, planning and implementation of high-quality information technology solutions and services for the London office.
- Overseeing and providing hands on technical support (hardware and applications) to lawyers and business professionals.
- Proactively outreaching to London office lawyers and business professionals to discuss their information technology needs and to discuss potential solutions. Taking responsibility for and the lead on addressing support issues and requests in a timely manner.
- Managing local vendor contracts for mobile phones, printers etc.
- Managing the provision of AV support for the London office, work with the US to ensure best in class solutions.
- Taking responsibility for and managing IT aspects of office space expansion and office moves.
- Managing and contributing to the completion of ad hoc projects as they arise.
- Managing, overseeing and providing IS support needs including but are not limited to the following:
- Investigating, troubleshooting and resolving first and second level software, hardware, system and user problems in a timely manner. Isolating recurring technical or training issues in order to proactively address lawyer and business professional problems.
- Recommending and initiating projects to meet or exceed business requirements.
- Writing instructional documentation associated with the Firm's technology and ongoing changes. Review and customize instructional and support documentation provided by IT Management team to suit local needs.
- Leads, mentors, coaches, and trains the London IS personnel.
- Manages the administrative aspects of the London IS team, including:
- Creating and monitoring the department budget as it relates to technology.
- Formulating staff performance plans and providing regular feedback throughout the year
- Providing technical and operational assistance to the IT team.
- Performing daily administrative duties such as reviewing the time management systems, handling vacation requests, approving T&Es, and managing general personnel issues
The ideal candidate for this Senior IT Manager position will have solid relevant senior IT experience, preferably in a legal or professional services organisation. You must have excellent project management and time management skills and be highly detail orientated. You will be a logical thinker and problem solver, with the ability to work in a demanding environment to tight deadlines. Excellent communication skills are required, along with a professional, enthusiastic, and flexible approach. If you fit the above description, then please contact Ryder Reid for immediate consideration.