Our client, a prestigious international law firm, currently have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Legal Biller to join the firm on a permanent basis. The Senior Legal Biller will be responsible for a broad range of billing processes related to managing the accounting, billing and banking functions of the London office.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Acts as liaison between attorneys and the billing department
- Analyses detailed billing reports and distributes monthly DBR's to Fee Earners
- Maintains a billing file for each Fee Earner and a file relating to all transfers, edits and corrections
- Assisting the Collection Manager as needed, send out monthly A/R statements to all clients on a monthly basis
- Responds to client and Fee Earner requests for changes and/or corrections to invoices in timely manner
- Understand and execute complex billing arrangements as agreed to/with client
- Recognise importance of effective client service (internal and external) and presents the firm/department in a positive light
- Maintain accurate billing instructions that detail typical billing scenarios by Fee Earners and then by client/matter
- Processes invoices into billing system, noting the accuracy/completeness of bills prior to mailing to the client while obtaining the necessary approvals for write-ups and/or write-offs
- Coordinates with billing Fee Earners for proper format to bill new clients, application to bills of all retainer funds, meets monthly closing requirements and billing deadlines
Previous legal billing experience is required. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written are essential and the successful candidate must have the ability to coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously and meet stringent deadlines. Knowledge of CMS Aderant or Elite 3E/ Enterprise would be a distinct advantage. Attention to detail, flexibility to work overtime and the ability to prioritise and work to deadlines is a must in this busy role. Strong word processing, database and spreadsheet software skills are required. If you feel you meet the above requirements and would like to be part of a great team please contact Ryder Reid Legal ASAP.