A new role within a successful and innovative international law firm is now open, based in the firm's stunning offices in London. Reporting to the Director of International Legal Recruiting & Development and working alongside the International Legal Recruiting and Development team, the Senior Legal & Trainee Development Coordinator is crucial to the firm's ability to educate and develop its trainee solicitors, as the role will lead the organisation and overall direction of the internal training programmes, not just in London but other international offices of the firm.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Act as main point of contact for lawyers considering external training courses, ensuring they have the correct approval to attend; liaising with the coordinator to book suitable providers and review appropriate fees;
- Liaise with training providers to keep up to date on relevant courses for our trainees and practice areas;
- Take ownership of trainee reviews and development follow ups via supervisors' feedback, assisting the Director with review meetings set ups occurring every three months and ongoing tracking;
- Assist the Director with Trainee rotation logistics and notifications;
- Develop training curriculum for Trainee Solicitors, oversee training session content, working with the coordinator on logistics, attendance and feedback on speakers;
- Work with the Office of General Counsel on suitable programming and compliance training to ensure compliance of SRA regulations and suitable CPD requirements can be met for all lawyers' annual multiple bar renewals;
- Liaise with practice groups to plan and organize internal training programs, working with the coordinator to monitor logistics, attendance and feedback on providers;
- Act as main point of contact for mandatory Professional Skills Courses, equivalent programming content post SQE;
- Organise and monitor attendance as required by the SRA;
- Process SRA registrations and admissions of trainee solicitors for the London programme and liaise on the Hong Kong programme as required;
- Assist with international focused lawyer development projects and academies as required;
- Assist with lawyer onboarding & development tasks including management of AG Ambassadors programme;
- Other ad hoc administration and projects for the legal recruitment and development team.
The successful candidate for the role of Senior Legal & Trainee Development Coordinator will have prior experience within a law firm and experience within graduate programmes and/or lawyer development. You must have strong communication skills, a professional outlook and a client service orientation. Confidence, gravitas and the ability to build strong relationships at all levels are essential.
If you fit the above criteria, please contact Ryder Reid for immediate consideration.