We are recruiting on a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Research Librarian to join one of our world-leading law firm clients on a permanent basis. The Senior Research Librarian will provide high quality, in-depth legal and non-legal research using online and print resources. The Librarian will liaise with assigned practice area teams and provide key actionable insights, topic-specific research, and analytic results in support of both client and client development work.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Provides reference services to attorneys and staff in all locations using appropriate sources and analyzing results for presentation to the requestor;
- Performs complex and in-depth research assignments, drawing upon extensive subject matter expertise particularly in finance, corporate, and transactional law.
- Assists Competitive Intelligence Research Analysts by providing research for company profiles, person profiles, lateral partner profiles, industry reports, client and subject-area alerts and contributions to client portals;
- Upon request and at own discretion, provides synthesis and analysis of complex or in-depth research;
- Teaches legal/business research to attorneys and staff, particularly effective use of online databases and knowledge management tools using the most up-to-date educational methods and presentation techniques;
- Conducts orientations for attorneys and staff regarding the Library and available resources;
- Develops and implements outreach activities for various resources including Knowledge Management and Library initiatives;
- Provides service to assigned practice groups in meeting their research needs, developing practice pages on the firm's intranet, keeping abreast of electronic resources for those practices, and gathering significant research skills and knowledge in these practice areas;
- Participates in development of electronic resources and new technologies, including intranet resources, client portals, RSS news distribution, access to electronic publications, and knowledge management;
- Evaluates and assist in conducting trials of new electronic resources; collects and provides feedback;
- Manages projects as assigned by Manager of Library Operations and Research and Director of KM and Library Services that leverage the services and resources of the library and supports the knowledge management activities of the firm;
- Records regular library activity metrics and bills research time.
The ideal candidate for the Senior Research Librarian role will have solid research experience ideally gained from a law firm, academic law library or professional services environment. You should ideally have advanced online research skills and knowledge of electronic and print law and business resources including but not limited to Lexis, Westlaw, Bloomberg terminal, S&P, Debtwire and LCD. The ability to manage a busy workload and work to deadlines is essential, along with a confident and proactive approach. This firm offers a friendly and supportive culture, so if you meet the above criteria then please apply to Ryder Reid today.