Our client, a progressive and forward-thinking global head quartered law firm, has a new opportunity for a Senior Risk Manager to join their London office on a permanent basis. The role will involve significant responsibility for the Group's risk management processes. The successful candidate will be required to lead on various projects and areas including but not limited to data governance initiatives, business continuity planning, risk register development and reporting, breaches registers, policy and procedure review and maintenance and training.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leading on risk projects and ensuring the team is resolving incoming queries;
- Leading on maintenance of the Groups BCP framework, policies, plans and testing methodologies, reporting to the BCP Committee and senior stakeholders as required;
- Maintaining ongoing testing and development of the BCP framework, liaising with local offices and senior stakeholders across the Group in connection with this and providing regular updates to the Business Continuity Committee;
- Maintaining and developing the Group's risk registers and breaches registers, liaising with relevant stakeholders across the Group in connection with this;
- Producing risk reports as required;
- Liaising with business services colleagues on cross-business services projects which require risk input, deputising for the Head of Risk and Compliance in chairing the Business Services Committee as required;
- Provide practical and prompt advice and assistance to fee-earners and other professional staff in relation to regulatory risk or other risk matters;
- Work closely with the Head of Risk and Compliance and other senior managers in embedding of risk policies, procedures, training and guidance to support the business;
- Input into the continued development of a strong risk and compliance culture. This will include interfacing with the businesses to ensure that the implementation of new procedures are understood and followed;
- Assist with the preparation for regulatory inspections and submissions; and
- Assist the GC and Head of Risk and Compliance with regional and global risk and compliance projects as required and support and promote a positive and proactive risk management culture across the team and regions.
The ideal candidate will have advanced knowledge of law firm Risk and Compliance, with strong management level experience. Any experience of working with the SRA is highly desirable. Good knowledge of the SRA Handbook, Money Laundering Regulations and other relevant legislation is required, along with a professional attitude and the ability to meet tight deadlines under pressure. You will be highly motivated and confident, and be able to take ownership of the role and lead meetings in a professional manner. Excellent attention to detail is required, along with strong communication skills and the ability to motivate and train others. This firm offers a supportive and forward-thinking culture, and this role is a great chance to showcase your skills. Please contact Ryder Reid Legal for immediate consideration.