Highly successful UK headquartered law firm is looking to recruit a Talent & Development Manager to join their HR team. Reporting into the HR Director, the Talent & Development Manager will support the Talent Management and Learning & Development requirements for the firm.
The scope of this role is broad and responsibilities will be diverse, including but not limited to:
- Design, lead and implement the Talent Management and Development strategy, to support the achievement of business objectives;
- Assess L&D requirements and identify and develop appropriate solutions to support continuous development and address training needs;
- Plan and support delivery of leadership assessment and development programmes;
- Design and oversee the firm's internal firm-wide training and wellness programme and where appropriate deliver skills workshops or coaching sessions;
- Source, review and manage external training providers ensuring that training courses are as beneficial and bespoke as possible
- Support the wider HR team, partners and managers on the implementation of talent and performance action plans;
- Work with the HR Managers and line managers to advise on appropriate learning and development activities for their team and for individuals;
- Designing and development of career development pathways, plans and programmes for associates, partners and managers;
- Design and delivery of legal and non-legal apprenticeships to include the assessment and development of the schemes and management of the firm's levy expenditure;
- Design and implement a mentoring programme supporting career development;
- Facilitate and improve key processes related to on boarding, performance management, talent management, succession planning, employee engagement and retention;
- Ensure that keeping induction training and recruitment materials are kept up-to-date;
- Benchmark the firm's recognition and reward strategies to support talent attraction and retention;
- Support the development of the diversity and inclusion strategy to including scoping, designing and launching a firm-wide programme;
- Assess selection and development techniques to include the use of psychometric testing and other development models and coaching techniques;
- Manage the firm's training budget and provide robust management information to track learning activities, understand return on investment and identify opportunities;
- Support the HR team with key change management projects identified in the firm's business plan initiating ideas and writing project proposals for the HR Director and firm's Management Team's consideration;
- As a senior member of a small team, providing a point of leadership and mentoring to the team as a whole.
The ideal candidate for the Talent & Development Manager role have strong experience working within an HR/Learning & Development/Talent role within a Legal or Professional Services firm. A CIPD qualification or relevant post-graduate qualification would be preferred. You will have significant experience of designing and delivering development activities, experience in change management, and have a knowledge of organisational development, employee engagement, and talent management. You will be dynamic, creative and strategic, and able to gain credibility quickly at all levels. If you feel you meet the above criteria, then please contact Ryder Reid today for immediate consideration.