Our client, an international law firm are seeking a Technical Claims Handle to join their Bristol office on a permanent basis. This role will be working closely with the Head of Claims and other team members, you will be responsible for a technical caseload of varied professional indemnity claims, ensuring the delivery of a first class claims experience to policyholders and accurate reporting to Insurers. Your day to day duties will include but not limited to:
- Running a full caseload of professional indemnity claims, having an accurate understanding of the delegated authority principles and reporting requirements on all matters falling outside of the delegated authority with minimal supervision, being able to make strategic decisions in Insurers' best interests.
- Building and maintaining effective working relationships with all customers and suppliers to ensure defined service levels are met and exceeded.
- Identifying and obtaining information relevant to liability and quantum and providing guidance and assistance to the Insured in response to complaints and claims, including approving settlement offers.
- Understanding the importance of Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators of the team and ensuring adherence to these standards.
- Ensuring a consistent approach to client claims and implementing Insurers' reserving policies, so that claims are dealt with fairly and costs are properly controlled, supported by the use of the most appropriate approved external suppliers.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, candidates must have either a Law degree or CILEx equivalent with significant experience in claims with technical knowledge.
If you are interested and meet the above criteria, please send your CV in today for consideration.