Our client, one of the world's leading law firms, is looking for a Transactional Database Specialist to join their London office as part of their Knowledge Services department. This person will be
responsible for managing the Corporate Transactions database (CTRAN), in particular for deals submitted by the International offices. The Transactional Database Specialist will become familiar with all aspects of the CTRAN application, data, functionality and reporting capabilities in order to meet expanding attorney needs and client demand.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Proactively design and implement systems and processes to track relevant completed deals and liaise with attorneys to ensure details are submitted to the CTRAN database.
- Manage regular quality control checks of the data submitted to the system and make proactive suggestions regarding data entry improvements.
- Respond to attorney and client requests for customised CTRAN reports using Excel or data visualisation tools to create reports, charts and graphs suitable for internal and external use, as appropriate.
- Provide the Knowledge Partner with regular reports relating to all aspects of the CTRAN database.
- Track and provide regular reports on requests for customised reports and proactively present data part of regular reporting processes.
- Work closely with the US Transactional Database Specialist and wider CTRAN team on cross jurisdictional projects relating to CTRAN, including data input, search & export and reporting functionality, and provide support with CTRAN requests from US attorneys when required.
- Work closely with the IT team on maintaining and developing the technical aspects of the database.
- Provide CTRAN training and ongoing support to attorneys and relevant staff members.
The ideal candidate for the Transactional Database Specialist role will be educated to degree level or equivalent, and have experience of working in a law or professional services firm. You will have experience in a role involving data analytics as you must be able to manipulate large amounts of data. You must be customer service oriented and have the ability to work independently, handle multiple tasks and set priorities. You will be proactive and confident and able to work with senior stakeholders. Experience of databases and reporting is a must, and ideally you will have experience of using data analytical tools.