Travel, Meetings & Events (TME) Specialist
We are currently have an exciting opportunity for a TME Specialist to work in the Travel, Meetings & Events Team working in the London office of our prestigious global law firm client.
The firm operates a hybrid working policy of 2 days at home and 3 days in the office. Working hours are 9.30am - 5.30pm Monday to Friday.
- Our client is looking for a candidate who is optimistic, resilient, engaging, confident and works well under pressure
- This role is for internal events and it would be ideal for someone seeking a promotion from their current role and is willing to grow into the role
- The individual will require solid experience, of at least three years plus in Events. They will need to have a strong network and contacts in the industry and be able to run one-day events on their own and assist the TME Associate Director with bigger events
- They are open to candidates with events experience both internal and external with clients, or a mixture is fine
- Candidates should have events experience within a professional environment, legal experience is not mandatory
- The role will require someone who is willing to be flexible with time, as the role can entail a lot of evening and weekend work, but there can be a degree of flexibility with how this is done
- Candidates will need the confidence and excellent communication skills to work directly with senior members of staff and partners
- Upcoming travel is required to California in 2023 for a shared partner meeting
Perks include; travel, attending high profile venues, working with a firm that provides a white glove service, excellent client group, and working with a global team of 10.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (This list is not exhaustive and may be supplemented and changed as necessary.)
* Manage the successful organization and delivery of innovative meetings and events through effective project management, including collaboration with partners, your immediate team and other internal stakeholders as it relates to meeting content, planning, and logistics.
* Assist with site selection, request for proposal development, and contract negotiations.
* Coordination of the pre and post event registration process. Organizing tracking and sharing event RSVP lists and updating post event attendee lists. Working with CVENT where applicable to manage online event registration websites and email communications.
* Coordination of meeting and event logistics including food and beverage, audio visual, technology, transportation and other related requirements.
* Assist in preparation and final production of event specific materials including nametags and event giveaways etc.
* Coordinate budget preparation and management, including preparation of cost estimates, managing meeting related expenses and post event analysis and reporting.
* Serve in an onsite event production capacity for all needs related to onsite support including registration table staffing, coordination with on-site AV vendors etc.
* Coordinate postproduction event recaps including the generation of final attendance numbers, cost summaries and other post event data and reports.
* Coordinate invoice processing and budget reconciliation.
* A minimum of 3 years of experience in event planning and a Bachelor's Degree.
* CMP (Certified Meeting Planner) or CSEP (Certified Special Events Professional) designation is preferred.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Enjoys working under pressure with a positive attitude and calm demeanor.
* Excellent interpersonal skills, strong verbal and written communication skills. Strong attention to detail is required.
* Outstanding project management skills including the ability to manage multiple projects and competing deadlines. Experience negotiating contracts, reducing potential liability and costs, and implementing contractual terms.
* Involvement with the hotel, hospitality, and travel industries through various associations, including the knowledge of meeting management, hotel operations, and travel programs.